Saturday, March 26, 2011

A true doll dress...and then some.

I wanted to share another peek into the process of making these doll dresses. This time I dyed the fabric in my fabulous old wringer washer named Florence. Isn't she a beauty?


Then I screen printed this antique doll ad on several different colored t-shirts.


I found coordinating knit fabrics and cut them all up again. And the end result is this adorable "doll" doll dress. Introducing the "Flossie Flirt" dress...





I have been busy screening other designs as well, and trying to find the time in between to sew more of these up. I hope to have enough of them done soon to start listing them in my shop. Here are some sneak peeks of the fabrics I have been working on...



And the dress that started it all...


Oh, and I decided to enter the Lil Blue Boo/ Dharma Trading Design Challenge with this little number too!



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those look great! I love the little dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Flossie dress!!! Will it be for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho! what a beautiful antiques,Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH!I want a flossie dress. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doll dresses will be available soon! I always post the latest designs/info and special promotions on my facebook page first...

    http://www.facebook.com/thegreengoat

    There will be some Flossie Flirt dresses in the bunch too in many different color combos!

    Thanks ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne-Yes, I have gotten several things stuck before, but nothing has been ruined. I just have to reverse it and start over. She is a pretty gentle machine :)

    ReplyDelete